With all the do-it-yourself projects out there and the homemade is better movement, it is no wonder that making homemade slime has become such a huge hit with children. There are even kits to make your own sold in stores all across the country. But it is so simple to make and many people will already have all the ingredients laying around their house. So that makes it cost effective as well.
There are different recipes out there for slime, and you may want to tweak this one a bit to make it right for you. We have created a Homemade Slime Pinterest board and have compiled a great bunch of options and ideas for you to get creative and be unique! Our Pinterest Homemade Slime board is linked below.
You will need:
- 12 oz. liquid glue (Elmer's Brand or similar)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. contact lens saline solution
- Washable paint (glittered up if that's your thing!)
- Beads or gems (optional)
- Squeeze 12 oz. of glue into a bowl or container.
- Mix in 1 1/2 tbsp. of baking soda.
- Add in a few drops of washable paint. (Food colouring can also be used, but it tends to stain hands.)
- For a more interesting sensory slime, add in small beads or gems.
- Add the saline solution and mix until it becomes slime-like.
- Enjoy the unique tactile experience of your slime-y creation!
Get slime-inspired through our Pinterest Board, Homemade Slime.