Making quick little crafts that can entertain and engage your kids even after the activity is done is a double win. We’ve collected three different options but don’t feel like you have to choose just one! Your children can use these for entertainment purposes at any time, but they may be particularly helpful when your most active ones have a hard time being still.
Any of these projects can be used to give your fidgety ones something to do with their hands, whether it’s a time to be quiet and still or a time to listen and focus.
This is a fun activity for the children to make. These balls are squishy, and the children will play with them for hours – no stress needed!
You will need:
- Rice or flour
- Permanent markers (optional)
- A cup to pour from
- Using the funnel, pull the balloon up around the funnel spout and hold.
- Pour the rice or flour into the funnel using the cup. Make sure to do it in an easy-to-clean area.
- Tie the balloon.
- If you want to draw a face or design, go ahead and get creative.
PIPE CLEANER FIDGETS
These are quick and easy to make but can amuse kids for quite a while. These would be especially useful for those kids that need to be doing something with their hands, even when they’re focusing on something else. Even though this is so simple, you can make it unique by having different lengths of pipe cleaners, making patterns with the pipe cleaner colours and using a key chain with a textured part already on it, making for an additional sensory element.
You will need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Key chain ring
- Tie pipe cleaners to the key chain clip.
- Keep tying them on until you have 6-8 – or as many as you want.
- When you tie them on, you can put the last two tied around the others instead of the clip.
- Play with it by twisting, rolling, separating, etc.
DIY DESK FIDGET TOOL
We really think we’ve saved the best for last with this one! This craft is super cool, and it’ll likely be something your kids will want to make again and again so make sure you keep these craft supplies on hand, if you don’t already!
You Will Need:
- Popsicle or craft sticks
- Pipe cleaners
- Cut a pipe cleaner to fit the length of the popsicle or craft stick with enough to bend over each end.
- Slide lots of beads over the pipe cleaner.
- Bend both ends over the ends of the stick and secure with tape.
- Play with the new toy, rolling the beads around.
More for You
We have gathered up some other websites with fidget crafts that you may enjoy as well. There are lots here to keep your children entertained and fidgeting effectively!
Sensory Hacks to Focus a Fidgety Child from Lemon Lime Adventures
Clothespin Paper Puppets from Moms and Crafters (excellent pictures and video to guide you and your kids)
Soda Straw Weaving Tutorial from There’s Just One Mommy (also great pictures and video for this craft)
Follow us on Pinterest and check out our Pinterest board for more fun and engaging fidgety crafts and activities.