Want some low-cost and creative graduation gifts that are great for giving and creating with siblings? We’ve got the step-by-step for a couple of goodies and lots more inspiration for you through our Pinterest board!
These are fun to make and, if done right, can look very exquisite. You can give a personalized touch that would best appeal to the graduate and get creative well outside our suggestions here.
Tasty Tumbler for Keeps
You can customize this with pretty much anything you think the recipient would like. Cash is a favourite of most people, jewelry would be enjoyed by many and special pens or pencils could be a nice addition.
You will need:
- Tumblers (or other mug/container for the grad to keep)
- Gift cards
- Chocolates (like Hershey’s kisses or something else individually wrapped)
- Individually wrapped candies
- Confetti or shredded paper
- Put confetti inside the tumblers.
- Add the bundle of gifts you’ve chosen.
- Top with chocolates and candy.
- Add more confetti.
Graduation Ornament with Tassel
Tassels can be easily sourced from craft and some discount stores. You can also do a search online for “graduation tassel” and find lots of inexpensive options for tassels.
You will need:
- Graduation tassel
- Clear ornament ball
- Any kind of decorating or painting you’d like to customize the ornament ball with
- Take the cover off and put the tassel on the inside.
- Slide the tassel through the cover of the ornament ball.
- Tighten the cover.
- Express some creativity on the outside of the ball with painting (see our article from a homeschool mom who paints exquisite pictures on ornaments) or other decorating like stenciling and stickers.
Get even more ideas for grad gifts and college-bound presents from our Pinterest board DIY Grad Gifts and College-Bound Baskets.