Sand Dune Publishing has come out with a complete line of "Between Me and You" journals, one for just about each member of the family, for friends, family reunions, and more! We reviewed the journals for "Dad" and "Grandma."
These are hardcover, spiralbound journals with lined paper and a series of posed questions as well as space at the back for journaling personal thoughts and such. The journals are divided into sections such as "When you were a kid," "Your Youth," "My Mom," "What about Me," "You, Now," and "Other Stuff."
Some of the questions posed in the "Dad" journal are:
Some of the questions posed in the "Grandmother" journal are:
- What were some of your favorite things to do as a child?
- Do you remember your childhood friends?
- Tell me about the first time you met Mom?
- What do you remember most about the time mom was pregnant with me?
- What more would like to see me do or learn in my lifetime?
- Do you have any regrets you'd like to share with me?
You get the idea here. Sadly, there are no mentions of memories regarding one's walk with Christ, which I found to be a shortcoming of these books.
- What are some of your favorite memories of your Mother?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Did you have any role models?
- What kind of music did you like?
- Which have been the most interesting times during your life with my Grandfather?
Overall, these are nice, attractive little books with great potential to bring families closer through shared information that they might not talk about otherwise. These would make a unique and special gift!