WannaBe™-When I Grow Up I Want to be a Chef
Can a chef use his or her abilities and talents for God? Where could you go to get training in the basics of how to cook? Learn the answers to these questions and much more!Perfect for school or a great summer activity!
Can a chef use his or her abilities and talents for God?
Where could you go to get training in the basics of how to cook?
Where could you work as an institutional chef?
Learn the answers to these questions and much, much more as you pore
through the pages of the exciting, activity-packed E-Book . . .
When I Grow Up, I Want To Be a: A Chef
- Discover fun and interesting facts about many different types of chefs.
- Learn about the chemistry involved in preparing food and meet Robert Boyle, the “Father of Modern Chemistry.”
- Meet two real-life chefs and hear them describe their jobs in their own words.
- Examine the pay scale for chefs across the country.
- Learn about what type of education you need to be a chef.
- But that”s only the beginning!
You”ll enjoy integrated hands-on learning . . .
- Enhance math skills while working out several cooking-related word problems.
- Spark creativity with imaginative writing prompts.
- Explore science while learning about chemical reactions that occur while cooking and baking, and even get a mini history lesson in chemistry!
- Work with language arts while doing a crossword puzzle, learning culinary vocabulary, and a word search.
- Improve handwriting skills and commit facts to memory while doing copywork.
- Discover how God addresses food with specific Bible verses.
- Enjoy themed party ideas as you play the games suggested:
Chef’s Tools Charades,
- Make a chef’s hat using poster board and tissue paper!
- Teach organizational skills and homemaking while making a pizza and decorating a cake!
- Enjoy coloring pages for the younger children.
- And so much more!
This multi-age unit study has activities for children from 4 to 10, but the content is appropriate for the whole family – -teens, mom and dad, and grandparents too.