WannaBe™-When I Grow Up I Want to be a Firefighter
How old do you have to be to become a firefighter?How many gallons of water can a fire truck hold?Learn the answers to these questions and much, much more as you pore through the pages of this E-Book.
What is a bucket brigade?
How many gallons of water can a fire truck hold?Learn the answers to these questions and much, much more as you pore
through the pages of the exciting, activity-packed E-Book . . .When I Grow Up, I Want To Be:
- Discover the history of firefighters and the evolution of firefighting equipment.
- Learn what other emergencies firefighters respond to.
- Explore the ins and outs of a fire truck.
- Pretend you are a building inspector and learn about building codes.
- Meet a real-life fireman and hear him describe his job in his own words.
- Fall in love with Wilshire, the fire dog, who teaches children fire safety.
- Examine the pay scale for firefighters across the country.
- Learn about the relationship between firefighters and robots and build your own robotic arm!
- But that”s only the beginning!
Involve your entire family!
This multi-age unit study has activities for children from 4 to 10, but the content is appropriate for the whole family – -teens, mom and dad, and grandparents too.
Bursting with over 70 pages, this E-Book is a true bargain – -jam-packed with intriguing, well-researched information and engaging activities for a complete unit study. Perfect for school or a great summer activity!
You”ll enjoy integrated hands-on learning . . .
- Enhance math skills while determining a firefighter”s salary per city, rank, and seniority.
- Spark creativity with imaginative writing prompts.
- Explore science while learning about the importance of robotics.
- Build your own robotic arm, following full-color illustrations.
- Work with language arts while doing a crossword puzzle, learning firefighter vocabulary, and a word search.
- Improve handwriting skills and commit facts to memory while doing copywork by Virginia Donahue of Proverbs 22:6 Academy.
- Discover how God addresses fire with specific Bible verses.
- Get moving and include physical fitness by playing the games provided:
Untangle the Fire Hose,
Put the Fire Out!
- Make a fire truck from an old shoe box and decorate it.
- Teach organizational skills and homemaking while planning a Firefighter-themed party and bake a fire truck cake!
- Enjoy coloring pages for the younger children.
- And so much more!
Add Some Spark to Your Homeschool Today
Order When I Grow Up I Want to be a Firefighter NOW!