$15,000 - $20,000
$25,000 and up
ROOM AND BOARD
$5,000 - $7,500
$1,000 - $1,500
Financial Aid Available
96% of incoming first-year students receive financial aid. DBU offers a scholarship for Christian leaders called the Christian Leadership Scholarship. 77% of incoming students receive the Christian Leadership Scholarship. DBU also offers academic, music, ministerial, and athletic scholarships.
Careful consideration is given to a number of factors in reviewing applications and may include: academic records, class rank, standardized test scores, personal recommendations, church/ministry involvement, extracurricular activity participation, community service, and the applicant’s written essay. Applicants for admission are evaluated on the basis of the candidate’s academic record, character, aptitude, and potential for success in the DBU experience.
Students educated through a non-traditional secondary education, which includes a course of study at the secondary level in a non-accredited private school setting or home school, must submit an academic transcript. The academic transcript must include a list of courses completed, final course grades, and cumulative grade point average. Official SAT or ACT scores must be submitted. The documents submitted must demonstrate that the student meets DBU's admission standards.
The following criteria are considered when selecting candidates for admission:
The student's final high school transcript should demonstrate the following:
- At least a 2.5 grade point average.
- Official seal of the school.
- Graduation date.
- Satisfactory class rank based on the standards of the particular high school attended.
- A combined Critical Reading and Math Score of 1020 on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or a minimum standardized composite test score of 21 on the ACT required. The writing assessment section of the SAT or ACT will be required.
The following high school academic units are recommended:
- English 4 years
- Mathematics 3 years
- History/Social Studies 4 years
- Science 2 years (minimum of 1 year Lab Science)
- Foreign Languages 2-3 years