Winter 2007-2008 Back Issue
$9.95 – $23.95
Our winter issue is fabulous! We’ve got articles on balancing home and work, tips on organizing your homeschool and more. Don’t miss out on this chance to get helpful tips and encouragement that can really make a difference!
Our winter issue is fabulous!
We’ve got articles on balancing home and work, tips on organizing your homeschool, a look at day-to-day life with Susan Wise Bauer, our first everFreebie Directory, and so much more. What a great way to start the new year. Don’t miss out on this chance to get helpful tips and encouragement that can really make a difference in your homeschool. All the magazines on the newsstands right now are covering the most popular women’s topics—losing weight, saving money, and organizing your home, but we’re going to help you specifically as a homeschool mom.
We’re going to show you some free resources for your homeschool, let you peek in on homeschool life for other families from Hawaii to South Africa, and give you unit study information on the Iditarod and Civil War. We’ve got tips on educational games to play with reference books, do’s and don’ts on teaching history, and information on working at home and finding balance. You’ll find all the below:
- First annual TOS FREEBIES DIRECTORY! Come get it!
- Borders Bookstores opens homeschool section—see TOS’s involvement!
- Modern day slavery.
- Our God of hope.
- Why old schoolhouses on the front cover?
- Readers helping readers.
- A South African homeschool.
- Chaos? Getting your homeschool organized.
- Homeschool conventions, co-ops, and support groups.
- Family life with Susan Wise Bauer.
- Understanding the Civil War—is it still alive and well?
- LOTS of sample homeschool stories.
- Homeschooling with Aloha.
- Weaving a beautiful tapestry of learning.
- Getting it all done—8 ways.
- Preserving a spiritual legacy in our children—the 80/20 principle.
- Geography study—South Africa
- Ultra-cool science experiments.
- Science activity—rain clouds.
- Making a homemade theromostat.
- Bottling clouds.
- 14 games to play—with reference materials!
- Homeschool group money management.
- A Texan hoedown!
- First-time vendors at homeschool conventions.
- 10 things learned in 10 years of homeschooling.
- What not to do when teaching history.
- Classical education.
- Beowulf feature.
- Turn your mind to mush this winter.
- Polar bears in the Arctic.
- Home ec.—finding balance.
- Being a work-at-home mama.
- Homeschooling in the garden.
- Saving seeds.
- Loads of product reviews!
- Conversion of Pig Boy.