Molly Green Magazine: Spring Is in the Air-Frugal Choices Everywhere
Life is too short to spend it indoors! It doesn’t take much money to enjoy life in the great outdoors! As the good weather arrives, enjoy the fresh spring air in your own backyard where you’ll find plenty of inspiration!
Life is too short (and sweet) to spend it indoors—
Be encouraged that it doesn’t take much money to enjoy life in the great outdoors . . .
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Spring Is in the Air-Frugal Choices Everywhere!
Spring brings us a most wonderful time of the year! You do have a welcoming, colorful, and happy backyard don’t you? If it needs a little work, keep reading!
As the good weather arrives, slip out the door and enjoy the warmth and smells and delights of that fresh spring air—in your own backyard or on your deck, balcony, or porch. You’ll find plenty of ideas for thrifty fun, food, and other “fixins” right here!
Spring is the season of anticipation. Start a few seeds, try a new recipe, make a fresh start, and enjoy every minute. This is a prime season for you as a “keeper at home” to refocus and define your priorities as you realize just how much you can do with what God has given you.
Take a quick glimpse at the features and what you’ll learn in this Digest:
Eating Alfresco: This is the way to really enjoy your food . . . though some of you may not know what this means. Grab some no-frills ideas for everyday, alfresco eating!
Make Rich Memories in Thrifty Times: Included are a variety of wonderful suggestions for some frugal fun and catalysts to learning (bringing the family together) that you’ll want to try now that the weather is warming!
Backyard Living: Take a close look at a number of fresh, money-saving ideas to help brighten your mood and your life!
- Begin With the Basics: Gas and charcoal: take a quick overview of grilling know-how! Maybe you don’t know as much as you thought about this subject. Several marinades, rubs, sauces, and tempting recipes are included to complement your grilled cuisine. Start with the Grilled Fruit Shish Kebabs With Chocolate Sauce!
- On Sale This Month: Find out what items are typically at their best prices in March, and think of gearing up for the warming weather or even plan for a future getaway.
- Tips and Tools for Organization: Add to your home management binder in monthly installments! In this issue, Molly shares the backbone of her household organizing binder with a useful new form, plus two others.
- Feather Your Nest Frugally: Find out one simple, inexpensive way Molly gets “cheap” inspiration (and you can too) and learn how to make and stretch an inexpensive flower arrangement into a cheerful, big-impact display.
- In the Kitchen With Molly: Plan for an economically delicious week with five days of dinner and dessert recipes taken from Molly’s two very favorite cookbooks! You’ll love the shopping list too—just print it out and head to the store!
- Special Dates This Month: It’s the month for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day—but don’t stop there! Use these unique “holidays” as learning experiences for the kids and start planning for a festive family activity now.
- Kids’ Corner: Have you ever seen a $500 bill? Got a ripped $20 bill? What can you do about it? This month, kids find out about where money comes from and other fun and useful stuff. A lot of it will be new to you—and fascinating too!
- Something Old, Something New: Nine Ways to Reuse a 2-Liter Pop Bottle—If you can’t return bottles for money in the state where you live, you’ll save a few bucks when you repurpose them into something you can use!
- This Is My Story: Have you wondered about the voice behind Molly’s Digest and Econobusters.com? What is her true motivation and inspiration? Well, this is Eleanor’s story—and it is too touching to miss!
- From My Mailbox: Each issue, Molly shares a few favorite emails from her inbox. Her readers always have such good ideas and suggestions!
- In Closing: A perfect ending to this Digest, get the last little snippet shared from a book that was rescued from the trash—wisdom from How to Make Home Happy.
- Directory of Links: For those of you who print and bind your Digests, you’ll have easy access to all of the fantastic links worth saving in the back of this issue. It makes your Digest easier to use!
Project Manager: Eleanor Joyce
Contributing Writers: Eleanor Joyce, Jennifer Sikora
File Size: 6.7 MB