Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Nursery
For such small sweeties, babies sure do need a lot of stuff! Outfit a nursery for less, and celebrate impending motherhood with the ideas you’ll find in this month’s Digest. From diapers to décor, we have it covered.
Get sweet dreams for a song!
It’s lullabies and good buys in Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-Molly Saves In the Nursery! Outfit a nursery for less, welcome babies with handmade gifts, and celebrate impending motherhood with the ideas you’ll find in this month’s Digest. From diapers to décor, we have it covered. But the Digest doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other useful advice to get the most out of your money and your time.
- Learn how to make a punch that’s pretty and inexpensive, too.
- Make a frugal and fuss-free meal your kids will love.
- Get expert advice on pet medications and online pet pharmacies.
- Find help for teens who are looking for a car.
- Follow our tutorial to make your own lap desk from items around the house.
- Explore the physical and mental benefits of walking for exercise.
- Bring your blender out of the cupboard and put it to work again.
For such small sweeties, babies sure do need a lot of stuff! Clothing, food, diapering items, toys, creams, lotions, powders, shampoos—whew! The list goes on and on, and the cost goes up and up. Besides those daily essentials, you also have the expense of a nursery and its furniture. But beautiful rooms and baby’s necessities can be had on a budget. Molly and friends offer up great ideas for frugally feeding, clothing, and decorating for the newest member of the family.
- Learn where to find online tutorials for making everything from baby furniture to baby shampoo.
- Check out Eleanor Joyce’s ideas for special baby gifts that will be treasured for years to come.
- Read all about the diapering choices available to families today.
- Get some tips on throwing a fun and frugal baby shower.
- Learn how to treat a rash, both for babies and for bigger people.
- Find out which baby food resource Molly recommends.
- Be inspired by five moms’ ideas on outfitting nurseries inexpensively.
Take a closer look at all the impressive features you’ll find in this month’s Digest:
- Begin With the Basics: Serve party guests a cold, refreshing, and frugal punch this summer. Starting with just four ingredients, punches can be elegant without being elaborate. Add a beautiful touch with a simple-to-make ice ring.
- Forms, Printables, & Resources: The Internet is a rich resource for everything baby. Get plans for furniture; ideas for nursery décor; patterns for sewing, knitting, and crocheting; and gift ideas that won’t break the piggy bank.
- Décor & More: Diapers are great, but no one’s going to save them for posterity. Eleanor Joyce unearths beautiful, heirloom-quality gifts you can make for the baby on the way, whether it’s yours or someone else’s.
- Meal of the Month: We introduce our new Meal of the Month provider, KerryAnn Foster, who offers recipes that can be adjusted to accommodate allergies and intolerances. First up: Pizza in a Pot.
- Saving Money on Diapers: Explore your options for diapers. Disposables are convenient, but they’re also expensive. Cloth diapers have come a long way in recent years, and we tell you about the advancements.
- Fun and Frugal Baby Shower: Read how one friend gave a mother-to-be a darling shower for just $50. Here’s a hint: Don’t take on all the food preparation yourself. There’s an army of family and friends just waiting to help.
- Tightwad Training Camp: Young people who are buying their first car can use Molly’s Car Comparison Worksheet to help sort out all the options and considerations.
- Something Old, Something New: Sharon White takes you step-by-step through making your own lap desk, with choices for an easier version or a more elaborate one. If you love books, you’ll especially love this handmade and useful project.
- Here’s to Your Health: Walk your way to better health, and do it with your family! Gentler to the joints than running, walking improves cardiovascular health along with your mood. And best of all, it’s free.
- You’re a Natural Beauty: This month, we get to the bottom of rashes. Most will go away on their own, but while you wait, you can ease their symptoms (itching, burning, pain) with items you may have in the pantry.
- Change One Thing This Month: Bring out the blender and stir up some savings. Take advantage when fruit goes on sale and have the ingredients for yummy smoothies on hand in your freezer. Have a little one? Making her food will shave big bucks from your budget.
- Inspiration! Let five moms inspire you with their ideas for saving on nursery basics, from economical paint to trendy but wallet-friendly curtains.
- And more.
Project Manager: Toni Riggs Contributing Writers: Dena Wood, Eleanor Joyce, Sharon White, Patricia Hunter, Toni Riggs, Tiffany J. Rule, DVM, KerryAnn Foster, Heather Ferguson Publication: 2011 Pages: 72 File Size: 5.7 MB
You may also like…
Molly Green Magazine: Centsible Celebrations$4.95
Want to enjoy celebrating in style, nut not blow your budget? Don’t settle for a cookie-cutter graduation party, wedding, or other event! Centsible Celebrations are all about creativity, and ingenuity!
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Bedroom$4.95
Is your bedroom restful or a stress-inducing jumble? Let Molly help you save as you feather your nest with comfort for peaceful slumbers.We spend a third of our lives sleeping, so make sure that time is comfortable as possible!
Molly Green Magazine: Plan a Party with Molly in March$4.95
Planning a party has never been so much fun—or frugal! Learn how to host from the heart and be the hostess everyone wants to model, so put your Party Planner hat on as we “march” into preparations for spring.