Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Garage and Shed
Clear out the clutter and put the car back where it belongs: in the garage! Get those outdoor “rooms”-the shed and the garage-in order. You don’t have a garage? These tips can help you organize any space!
Shift your organizational skills into overdrive!
Clear out the clutter and put the car back where it belongs: in the garage!
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Molly Saves in the Garage and Shed helps you get those outdoor “rooms”-the shed and the garage-in order. You don’t have a garage? These tips can help you organize any space where clutter has taken over. But the Digest doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other useful advice to get the most out of your money and your time.
- Learn how to make the perfect glass of lemonade, just in time for summer.
- Try a versatile recipe that you’ll turn to again and again on your busiest days.
- Find out which small mammal may be right for your family.
- Teach your children one of the basics of personal finance.
- Learn how to take care of your skin this summer.
- Explore why antioxidants are healthy and how you can get them.
- Find out which magazine Molly recommends for DIY projects around the house.
- Reduce your family’s food waste and salvage more of your leftovers.
- Get inspiration from the story of one family that became debt-free.
In the garage and shed—where sports equipment, garden supplies, boxes and bins of every description, and all sorts of other “homeless” items end up—we must overtake our clutter before it overtakes us. With organized storage, you’ll be able to find things when you need them. You’ll be able to park your car inside the garage! And you’ll have the tools to keep things neat and put away. Shift into gear and get started with the help you’ll find in this month’s Digest:
- Learn about some frugal and functional ways to corral your clutter.
- Get the scoop on an easy and effective way to label your boxes and bins.
- Explore the Internet for build-it-yourself storage solutions.
- Repurpose and reuse everything from bottle caps to an old dresser to large food cans.
- Find out how to host a successful garage sale.
- Discover an inexpensive substitute for pegboard and keep your tools stored in style.
Take a closer look at all the impressive features you’ll find in this month’s Digest:
- Begin With the Basics: The secret to a delicious glass of lemonade isn’t the lemons, it’s the sugar. Get rid of the undissolved grit in your glass and try a few different recipes to see which one makes your ideal refreshment.
- Forms & Printables: Find inspiration for storage solutions you can make yourself, including an armoire, a storage locker and shelves. Practice frugality with a labeling system that uses index cards.
- Décor & More: Eleanor Joyce tells us not to underestimate the lowly bucket, which has a long list of uses. How does she love them? She counts the ways this month. Plus, find other storage ideas for the garage, including a way to put old food packaging to good use.
- Meal of the Month: The recipe for Black Bean Chicken Skillet is quick, easy and adaptable to what you have on hand. It’s versatile enough to prepare on the fly or to put in the slow cooker—whichever suits your schedule.
- In the Garage With Molly: Learn how to hold a successful garage sale, from inviting other families to participate to organizing your items to advertising properly. For some real motivation, decide beforehand what you’ll do with the money you make.
- Pet Care for Pennies: If you think that all small mammals—hamsters, guinea pigs, ferrets, rabbits—are easier to care for than dogs or cats, you need to read Dr. Tiffany Rule’s advice. She helps sort through the maintenance requirements for small family pets and tells you which one is her favorite.
- Tightwad Training Camp: Kids learn how to fill out a deposit slip the right way, plus some common sense tips about keeping their deposits safe from theft and loss.
- Something Old, Something New: Pegboard is a wonderful organizational tool, but its price may put it out of reach. This month, read about a much cheaper alternative, made with wire fencing and scrap wood.
- Here’s to Your Health: Don’t take chances with the sun this summer. We tell you how to protect your skin from harmful rays, with advice for choosing a sunscreen and even a recipe for making it yourself.
- Change One Thing This Month: Molly offers tips and tools for reducing your family’s food waste, including a free E-Book that will help you with menu planning. Cut down on ingredients that don’t get used, plan your meals with leftovers in mind, and learn how to salvage produce, fruit, and bread that you might once have thrown away.
- Inspiration! Read how one family, inspired by God’s Word and by Dave Ramsey’s financial teaching, got out of debt and had fun in the process.
- And more!
Project Manager: Toni Riggs
Contributing Writers: Dena Wood, Eleanor Joyce, Sharon White, Patricia Hunter, Toni Riggs, Tiffany J. Rule, DVM, Stacey Lane
File Size: 4.2 MB
You may also like…
Molly Green Magazine: Watch Out! Molly’s on the Move . . .$4.95
With the end of the school year nearly here, vacations are on the minds of many families. Let Molly help you make those vacation plans. There are many different types of vacations and Molly has you covered for each of them!