Romans, Reformers, Revolutionaries is a unit study guide that covers the time period from the Resurrection of Christ to the French and American Revolutions. Specifically, the study includes nine units:
- The Rise of the Church & The Fall of Rome;
- The Missionaries & The Barbarians;
- The Byzantines & The Muslims;
- The Holy Roman Empire & The Vikings;
- The Crusades & The Mongols;
- The Seeds of Reformation & The Late Middle Ages;
- The Renaissance & The Reformation;
- Puritans, Pietists & The Divine Right of Kings; and
- Revivals & Revolutions.
Further, the book includes:
- Fun historical pictures to color;
- Bible verses;
- People and events;
- Annotated children's books;
- Easy-to-follow maps and mazes;
- Science experiments;
- Crossword puzzles;
- Word scrambles;
- Coded messages;
- Word searches;
- Rhymes; and plays.
There's a lot packed into this book. I would think that with a little thought, and maybe not doing everything in every unit, this would be a great springboard to a fun learning experience.